How to Change Your Life
You can make a choice to change your life on any day, any minute of your life. With 2016 within spitting distance, now is a good time to make those changes in your life you've been saying, "Soon."
To get you started, let me answer a few questions which may spur you on your way.
- Do I have an accurate view of the world?
If you spend any time on social media, you are aware of the many different views of the world. People not only express their opinion, they usually do so loudly and with great certainty. How do you know what's correct?
First know there will always be differences of opinions. You need to be sure you are informed on the issues. Don't just read about or listen to one perspective. Read varying opinions then go into your heart and ask which is according to your personal values.
- Where will I be in five years if I continue the way I am?
Do you like where you are now? If you don't like where you are now, you need to evaluate what has placed you in the position you are in. If it is a particular behavior, such as procrastination, what can you do to change it?
Ask yourself the following questions about your current actions. Your answers will give you an idea of what will happen to you if you continue the way you are.
- What did I eat today? Will this pattern of eating bring me long term health?
- How did I manage my money today? Will this pattern of money managements bring financial security?
- What social activities did I engage in today? Will these activities engender social connections in my life?
- How much exercise did I get today? Will this give me a healthy body?
- How did I treat people today? Will my behavior enhance my relationships?
Are you happy? Are you challenged? Are you doing something you value? Having multiple careers is common today. If you’re in a career you don’t enjoy, you have other options. If you don't know what you would like to do, I would suggest taking a series of aptitude tests to discover where your natural talents lie.
4. I'm unhappy. What is causing the problem? Becoming happier isn’t just about adding all the right components. It’s also about getting rid of what makes you miserable. Are there toxic people in your life? Can you release those relationships? Is it your health? Develop a plan to improve your health. Are you holding onto past wounds? Time to let those go and move on with your life.
5. How can I enjoy life more? What are your priorities? If you don't know, sit down with pen and paper and list the ways you are spending your time. Are you happy with where you are allocating your time? What changes do you need to make? How can you rearrange your time so that you are spending it on what is most important to you?
These FAQs will give you a start in evaluating where you are in your life right now. You are the one who has the power to change things. Do you want the changes enough to take action? Isn't now an ideal time to move in the direction which would bring you greater happiness?